11.06.2010

A Day at the Pumpkin Patch : Irvine

An average visit to the pumpkin patch turned out to be quite a special day.  I've been extremely busy with school and work that it's literally taken over the majority of my time (except of course a few hours of sleep here and there, and occasional breaks for eating).  So anyways, I basically have been dying to get a break and enjoy some time outside doing anything except school work.  Alan and I decided to go to this awesome pumpkin patch that had everything you can dream of.  Horseback riding, a lake, bike rentals, boat rentals, food...EVERYTHING. 

So guess what happened at the pumpkin patch...SURPRISE!!  Alan proposed!  Apparently he had been planning the proposal for the past two months but my crazy schedule kept changing things up on him.  Despite that he still managed to plan a two day fiasco making me feel like such a queen :).

It is just like Alan to always have something up his sleeve.  He had previously driven to my hometown to formally ask for my hand in marriage...so basically, all my family members knew except of course me.  Now looking back, it makes sense why my father had been a bit sentimental in our last phone conversation.  That night after the proposal we went to a very nice candle light dinner overlooking Orange County.  That's when I got to hear all about my family's reaction, a bit emotional but happy tears nonetheless.  The following day he took me to see Shakira.  We had fantastic seats to a very good show.  From here on out every time I see a pumpkin I'm going to remember this special weekend.  










4 comments:

Tori November 7, 2010 at 7:25 AM  

Oh my gosh, I am so pleased for you and Alan. I've been waiting for this to happen. I think back to that wonderful quarter spent in Australia, when you and Alan were still together. All of us dreamed about spending the rest of our lives with our boyfriends, but you too are making in happen. I am SOOOOOOO happy for you. One of these days, I'm going to have to actually meet this guy. Miss you so much and so glad that we spent that summer (er, winter in California) in Australia together. xxxx

Wendy Ramos November 7, 2010 at 4:02 PM  

AWWWWWE, thanks Tori! You need to come visit, miss you too. Australia was good times :).

Ricky December 13, 2010 at 7:54 AM  

You're WHAT?

Wendy Ramos December 13, 2010 at 7:02 PM  

:)
Yes Ricky, I know it's hard for you to believe.

All images and content on this site are copyright © Wendy Ramos Photography.Layout: Photoblog II